I went on a large download spree from Race Department and Driving Italia, I could mention more but these are a must have. I don't like Bands Hatch usually but this one has a drop that is worthy of the track, much like dropping down the corkscrew at Laguna Seca. Longford is just amazing, Hockenheim is difficult but so much fun. They ae all worth a download and a blast around. I drove about 20 tracks today (only an out lap and a fast lap) with the AC Cobra and it was a blast on all of them. Some were very flat and had no character but very nicely made and looked great. Good luck finding one that makes you smile.
Yup, it's scratch made and damn nice. The grass areas are flat (non 3d) but who looks at the grass when you're driving anyway?! Had a blast round it last night with charlie and a couple of others and I have to say it's the best Donington I've ever tried. Still WIP but shaping up to be a good contender for future league races
Post by infectedspace on Nov 18, 2014 17:47:22 GMT
So I tested some tracks I've downloaded and want to share my findings with you all. Only did some single player round so don't know how it will go online. Maybe if some of you would like to do some tests aswell, we can look if can do some events on one of the tracks. Also I don't know how legit these tracks are, but they all are still available for download.
So the tracks and some of my findings:
1. Brno, Has a nice flow to it when you get it right. Track and surroundings are looking very nice. Has a smooth track surface.
2. Mid Ohio, 2 version (with and without chicanes) Nice track with some tactical corners. If you can find the flow here it sure is a nice track to drive. Unlike Brno this is not a smooth track.
3. Road Atlanta, Again a pretty nice track, exept for the three corners that have some bad skidmark textures. Then again, this track HAS a bug where you will have come over the finish line with all 4 wheels ON the tarmac, otherwise your lap or time will not be registered. (Will be fixed with track update I hope) Again, this one has mostly a smooth track surface with elevation changes as exception.
4. Road America, Also a good track to drive and ha s a nice flow to it. Aesthetic it looks nice with a few weird looking trees but that is not realy a concern. Again, a smooth track surface.
5. Watkins Glenn, Also nice track to drive, to bad this is the short version (hope international will come soon). looks and feels good and is a pleasure to drive. Track surface is not realy smooth, but also not to bumpy.
TDS: manual restart seems to fix it (aloog 6 up)
Oct 26, 2016 12:08:27 GMT
TDS: AC 1.9.1 up some changes to 918 porsche
Oct 26, 2016 17:26:24 GMT
bigbawmcgraw: Server updated to 1.9.2
Oct 28, 2016 15:30:06 GMT
bigbawmcgraw: Servers on box have been restarted.
Oct 28, 2016 15:30:21 GMT
speedemon: any plans the nite people
Oct 28, 2016 18:15:02 GMT
charlie: little test for my system, 55-58 FPS @ 8k - 23ai @ Silverstone, quite smooth, no slow downs or CPU warnings. would recommend the Ichill X3 1080
Oct 31, 2016 21:18:30 GMT
andras: Dear Aloog! Today play in the morning 8-9h on the SPA track server, I used as many times.I am always fair.But today one player banned.I do not think the incorrect replay shows no such a thing.Now I'm disabled but I want to continue to compete.I would like
Nov 5, 2016 16:09:55 GMT
andras: I would like to ask for a review. Thanks! Andras Balogh
Nov 5, 2016 16:11:44 GMT
steve: You were vote kicked by some other players who were up to no good. You will be able to rejoin once the server is restarted (at the time of writing the server is full, and I don't want to disrupt their races).
Nov 5, 2016 19:26:51 GMT
northy: FYI There is a 10gb update for arma3 ... Since no-one plays I shall update the server when I have some spare time.
Dec 1, 2016 17:51:20 GMT
andyriches: can we use this http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ac_trackcycle.6917/ on aloog servers? anyone tried it?
Mar 4, 2017 9:05:37 GMT
bigbawmcgraw: Server 3 was set up to use it but it never really caught on Andy. Too much faffing about for nothing.
Mar 4, 2017 10:07:40 GMT
andyriches: ah ok, fair enough
Mar 4, 2017 13:33:04 GMT
steve: fyi Servers updated to v1.13
Mar 22, 2017 18:59:44 GMT
andyriches: Practice server up on ALOOG1 for the Riverside 200km race on the 29th. See here for details > http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/aloog-server-1-planning-chit-chat.24600/page-271#post-862776
Apr 9, 2017 13:25:42 GMT