I went on a large download spree from Race Department and Driving Italia, I could mention more but these are a must have. I don't like Bands Hatch usually but this one has a drop that is worthy of the track, much like dropping down the corkscrew at Laguna Seca. Longford is just amazing, Hockenheim is difficult but so much fun. They ae all worth a download and a blast around. I drove about 20 tracks today (only an out lap and a fast lap) with the AC Cobra and it was a blast on all of them. Some were very flat and had no character but very nicely made and looked great. Good luck finding one that makes you smile.
Yup, it's scratch made and damn nice. The grass areas are flat (non 3d) but who looks at the grass when you're driving anyway?! Had a blast round it last night with charlie and a couple of others and I have to say it's the best Donington I've ever tried. Still WIP but shaping up to be a good contender for future league races
Post by infectedspace on Nov 18, 2014 17:47:22 GMT
So I tested some tracks I've downloaded and want to share my findings with you all. Only did some single player round so don't know how it will go online. Maybe if some of you would like to do some tests aswell, we can look if can do some events on one of the tracks. Also I don't know how legit these tracks are, but they all are still available for download.
So the tracks and some of my findings:
1. Brno, Has a nice flow to it when you get it right. Track and surroundings are looking very nice. Has a smooth track surface.
2. Mid Ohio, 2 version (with and without chicanes) Nice track with some tactical corners. If you can find the flow here it sure is a nice track to drive. Unlike Brno this is not a smooth track.
3. Road Atlanta, Again a pretty nice track, exept for the three corners that have some bad skidmark textures. Then again, this track HAS a bug where you will have come over the finish line with all 4 wheels ON the tarmac, otherwise your lap or time will not be registered. (Will be fixed with track update I hope) Again, this one has mostly a smooth track surface with elevation changes as exception.
4. Road America, Also a good track to drive and ha s a nice flow to it. Aesthetic it looks nice with a few weird looking trees but that is not realy a concern. Again, a smooth track surface.
5. Watkins Glenn, Also nice track to drive, to bad this is the short version (hope international will come soon). looks and feels good and is a pleasure to drive. Track surface is not realy smooth, but also not to bumpy.
billwiskins: No, was a close call and I had no idea what happened but you pulled over to the inside just in time soa ll good
Sept 17, 2017 22:33:27 GMT
TDS: very hot day and OC cpu went bananas and froze the pc :-( turned off oc for good) dont want a 747 turbine fan for it to not crash on hot days, and the fps gain overclocking is very very little something like 5 fps. not worth it
Sept 18, 2017 13:20:29 GMT